Remember my maternity monday series? I really miss talking about maternity wear as I love seeing how far it’s gone since I was pregnant and I do get a little envious when I see what’s out there these days. If I were pregnant again I’d get myself a Magic Maternity Tube. For a mere 28 euros this is possibly the most multifunctional maternity (and post-maternity) item on the market. It can be worn in a variety of ways and is made of a soft knitted fabric. Nothing sells itself better to me than versatility!
I’m looking forward to going to see “What to Expect When You’re Expecting starring J Lo and Cameron Diaz as well as some other wonderful actors. I’m pretty positive it won’t be the most monumental film ever but I am sure there will be a giggle, a “oh I’ve so been there” sigh and a “oh no he di’int” screech whilst watching. It certainly is a movie to go and see with your Mom or your Mommy besties. Not your employer, your husband (unless he’s Mr Perfect), and not your single girlfriends (it will put them off kids forever!)
The lovely people at Spoke Agency sent me a Pregnancy Survival Kit which evoked a lot of laughter in this household.
It included the following items:
- Palmers® Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks – Helps improve appearance of stretch marks, with Vitamin E, Collagen & Elastin. Dermatologically Tested. 250mL
- Nair® Bikini & Underarm Roll-on Wax - Au naturel, Orchid scent. Long Lasting Smoothness. 50mL. 10 second microwaveable wax. 15 washable strips. 100% rinsable formula. Dermatologist tested.
- Nair® NEW Brazilian Spa Clay. Hair removal wax strips for wax & body, with Mineral-Rich Clay. Great skin results. Moisturizes with mango butter and Acai berry. Long lasting results up to 4 weeks.
- Trojan® ‘Her Pleasure’ fingertip massager. Vibrating Touch. Includes 1 condom.
- Van Holten’s Big Papa “Portly” dill flavour pickle.
- Barbecue PopChips® - Natural ingredients; barbecue potato chips. Think popped! Never fried. Never baked.
- Baker Street™ Apple Mini Pie – Love dessert, and eat it too!
- Everybody loves…BABIES DVD. Extraordinary, irresistible, joyous and buoyant, wonderful! If you were enraptured by March Of The Penguins, wait until you see BABIES! – USA Today.
- Boogie Wipes® – Fresh scent – 1 extra soft wipe. Gentle saline wipes for stuffy noses.
What were your pregnancy survival essentials? Will you go and see this film? Have you seen it yet, what did you think?
Hatch’s Spring Collection, that’s how!
I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again. This Spring is going to be floral, in the gardens and yes, on our bodies. Here’s some ways a Mom-to-be can go floral without looking (and feeling) like a tree.
A casual brunch with a friend…
a baby items shopping trip…
a last minute dinner date with your husband…
Check out other floral inspiration boards at Long Distance Loving
Spring can be sunny, it can be flowery, it can signal the beginnings of warm weather yes, however it can also rain a lot! Here’s some chic ways to face the rainy weather!
Running late to work….
A lazy Sunday afternoon….
A rainy dinner date…
Check out Longdistanceloving for other inspiration boards!
Most probably when you think of baby blue and candy floss pink you’ll most probably be choosing your baby’s teeny tiny onsies and booties, but today, I’m actually talking about you. Pastels are “it” for this spring and here’s some ways you can incorporate pastels into your maternity wardrobe.
A lovely, lazy afternoon
Baby shower bliss
Since my haphazard maternity posts (and I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, I”M NOT PREGNANT!!) have been so popular, I’ve decided to devote Mondays to ‘Maternity Mondays’ and will celebrate all things fashion related for Moms-to-be on what can be a very depressing day of the week.
Not anymore, Maternity Mondays will be a day of hope and excitement about new life (and some fun fashion along the way…)
In honour of the day of green beer (aka St Patrick’s day), it’s fun to think of ways we can add some green to our outfits. There is a lot of green in the stores at present and with Spring fast approaching, I love all the different shades of this fantastic colour that we can wear. You can either don a eye-catching, bright emerald green or a subtle and gentle mint. Here are some my green picks (for Mom’s and Moms-to-be) for St Paddy’s day,
Ok, so we’re not at school anymore, nor do we have the capacity for late nights, nor do we have the taut body of an 18 year old, but we still can go on our own spring vacation with our wonderful husband. I did a post on babymooning here, here’s ideas for a similar break before baby.
and go through the sleepless nights, heart-burn, swollen ankles, stretch marks, hormonal behaviour, morning sickness and labour at the end of it all? Maybe not… but these clothes from Hatch Collection are certainly tempting!!
The new black this spring is tangerine (aka orange). How are you on this? I’m not the biggest orange girl myself and I think unless you are olive skinned and absolutely stunning, it can be a really tough colour to pull off. Also as I was thinking of maternity outfits using tangerine, I thought that similarly most pregnant ladies wouldn’t be keen of sporting a tangerine item of clothing. Instead, I thought of some ways to incorporate tangerine accessories into three maternity outfits.
Running errands at the weekend
A casual dinner date with hubby
Girl’s Night Out
check out other tangerine outfits here