So Mrs High Maintenance had to become Mrs Low Maintenance this vacation as we decided to go light. That meant packing a lot less clothes than I usually do. Usually I like to be super prepared, have a fresh outfit everyday and wear my newest pieces…. as you know I’ve been living out of a suitcase since August, I haven’t had a new piece for the longest time I remember and as, my husband and I had promised each other: we’d pack light. This is roughly what I packed.
And while I didn’t do the best job taking outfit pictures, I managed to get a few snaps to show you how I mixed and matched. Also, I didn’t end up wearing everything I took!
If you want to travel light take the following:
1. A pair of black jeggings
2. 2 pairs of shoes ONLY. I took black sandals and a pair of black Toms.
3. A chambray shirt – great for covering up on the cooler days/evenings and a good item to switch from summer to winter weather via the short flight.
4. Black, white and grey tees or tanks – they are so versatile
5. Items you can wear different ways – eg. my stripey tube top that doubled as a skirt and a dress that could work well as a skirt too.
6. Accessories – I filled a small toiletries bag with different necklaces, bangles etc. so that while most days I felt I was wearing the same thing, at least my accessories changed!
7. Borrow from hubby! My husband’s t-shirts came in handy on the cooler days!
EXTRA tip for Mums! Book yourself a pedicure/wax/beauty session upon arrival in your destination for some ‘you’ time and leave the kids with your husband. That way you can have a quick break and de-stress after the journey and get pampered at the same time! It especially helps you feel fresh with the few outfits you have! I did this and it was the best decision ever!